Rent The Runway has been saving my
bank account life for nearly three years. It’s time a young fashion guru like myself share the wealth.
Clown make-up is never okay – but especially not in the summer.
I enlisted the help of my good friend and MAC make-up diva Azana Simon to shed some light on the do’s and don’t of #SummerBeauty. Below are her six tips to looking fierce in the city:
1. Sunscreen: “…a lot of people believe they don’t need it because the sun doesn’t ‘really’ affect them. Well those people are WRONG …the sun affects everyone. The key to having flawless makeup is making sure the skin behind the makeup isn’t dry, pigmented, and or irritated from the sun. My favorite? Bienfait Multi- Vital from Lancôme Paris “
2. Foundation: ”In the summer you tend to get darker so it is important to switch your foundation based on how dark you normally get. You also need to switch the formula of your foundation to something a little lighter in terms of texture.”
3. Bronzer: “…it’s the summertime and everyone deserves a glow. The first thing to remember is to pick a bronzer that is right for you; one or two shades darker than your natural skin tone. This will ensure you look tan, but not Jersey Shore burnt.”
4. Liner & Mascara: “…these two go hand and hand –enough said! My must haves are Avon’s GLIMMERSTICKS Liqui-Glide Eye Liner and LASHBLASH Volume Blasting Waterproof Mascara. The GLIMMERSTICK liner gives you the intense look of a liquid liner with the ease and precision of a pencil, while LASHBLASH give you the full sexy lashes you desire.
5. Lipstick: “When it comes to lipstick, people tend to stick to what they know –but I challenge you ladies to head to your local MAC counter and try a few new shades. If you’re nervous take an honest friend. This summer’s look is all about bronzed, dewy skin with a POP of color!
6. Water: “I know what you’re thinking –but hear me out: water can leave your skin truly feeling and looking hydrated from within. Once your skin is hydrated and flawless, make up can then enhance your natural beauty.”
Whatever look you desire for summer 2012, the products above can be a very easy starting point. Jazz up the look any way you like but it is important to remember to treat the skin under the makeup with care. Don’t forget to take off your makeup at the end of each night –. no matter how crazy girl’s night gets! Have fun with your look and remember the key to pulling off any look is the confidence you bring with it.
For more up to date makeup tips, looks, or advice check out Azana’s blog!
If the man in your life (dad, brother, boyfriend, gay husband) has good taste: RAID his closet! Belted oversized button downs with leather minis, cargo shorts with pointy stilettos, distressed boyfriend jeans with cropped tops — the choices are endless!
Show me your favorite #StolenGoods
Karla Deras has been my
girl crush favorite blogger for nearly three years. From her Coach collaboration in 2010 to Tiffany and Co. Tea Party just last year, I couldn’t be more proud of my short haired style guru.
To top off an amazing few years in the blog game, she recently collaborated with jewelry company Roman Luxe .
As expected the line is Le Bomb.
I remember waking up at the crack of dawn with my brother
to stand in line for hours for the latest release from basketball guru MJ.
…hard to believe nearly ten years later folks are on those lines again,
for the same kicks. What’s more shocking is that women make up nearly
half of the lines that wrap corners.
I personally wouldn’t stand in line for them,
but I can’t knock the swag.
It’s day 8!
The number eight symbolizes renewal, rebirth, and revival.
In greek mythology they describe the number eight as perfection
…for you, I’ve found the perfect summer juice recipe
Summer Time Fine
1 Bundle of Spinach
2 tbs of Ginger
2 tbs of Lemon Zest
1/2 Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
Water as Necessary
the sexist thing a girl can wear in the summer is beautiful tanned skin. #DontDebateMe
combine beautifuly tanned skinned with super cute nude pieces this summer;
see if the bugs and boys don’t bite!
just a few photos to inspire your workout today; whichever form you chose GET GOING!